The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect this Friday the 25th May 2018. This replaces the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive.
Backwater Artists Group take our responsibilities seriously regarding your data and personal contact details and with a view to the imminent changes we wish to ensure transparency, security and accountability.
After 5pm today 24th May you will cease to be subscribed to our mailing list but we hope you will resubscribe to our new, improved and approved mailing list. You can do so via a new sign-up form that offers greater transparency and control in line with new GDPR guidelines. To re-subscribe please click here or on the RESUBSCRIBE button below.
We have added new tick boxes to help us cater for your interests.
Backwater Artists Group would like to stay in touch with:
- Current studio members, artist bursary awardees and other artists to keep everyone informed about exhibitions, workshops, residencies, studio availability and events.
- Past studio members to keep everyone informed about exhibitions, workshops, residencies, studio availability and events. From time to time we include our past members in our exhibition opportunities and in our publications. Please click resubscribe to avail of these opportunities in the future.
- Artists working from home or from their own private studios to keep everyone informed about exhibitions, workshops, residencies, studio availability and events. We recently held an inaugural artists lunch to connect with artists not working in shared studio environments. In the future we may also open up our exhibition opportunities to the wider artistic community and provide the option of associate membership. Please click resubscribe to avail of opportunities and to hear about upcoming social events.
- The general public and local businesses. Stay informed about upcoming events and exhibitions in our new project space Studio 12 and hear about other events off site.
- Press contacts. Previously added to our mailing list following consultation with their organisation. We invite you to resubscribe so we can keep you informed of newsworthy events.
- Local, national and international studio groups, arts professionals and arts organisations. We invite you to resubscribe to our mailing list and we would be happy to sign up to your own list where relevant. Please send us the details at email@example.com.
- Artists and buyers who have supported our fundraising events over the years particularly for our DRAW fundraiser in 2016. We invite you to stay in touch.
- Our funders and sponsors. Backwater Artists Group are kindly funded by the Arts Council and Cork City Council and occasionally sponsored by local businesses and individuals for event-specific funding. We invite you all to stay informed about our outputs and initiatives.